Friday, March 9, 2012

Feb More Snow Days

Mike has decided that one wife was enough (sorry Marie and Uni). He can't take any more excitement than what wife #1 provides - like the day we were skiing at Brighton (Feb 28) after a foot of new snow. In search of "first tracks" I headed down a side trail (away from the maddening crowds) and fixated on the trees and untouched snow on the far side of the trail. In a flash I was in the trees and "yeehawing" through the trees down the fall line in deep untouched powder! OMG it was the best run of the entire season out here - until I came out of the woods at the edge of a lake behind a large dam. Oh sh--, I was definitely OUT of BOUNDS! Thank goodness I was wearing my beacon. The hike back into the ski area was a small price to pay for those "first tracks." Of course Mike was quietly waiting by the lift having had enough sense to not follow me and wondering how I could have missed the Ski Boundary signs!


No comments:

Post a Comment