Friday, January 27, 2012

Jan 27 Powder Pigs

Just call us powder pigs! Another 8+ inches last night up at Alta and a super day in the pow and sunshine. Hit Ballroom just right again as they opened it. Watched massive black powder induced avalanches on the back side (East Greely) as the ski patrol blew up that side of the ridge. There's a job that you couldn't pay me enough to do! Mike finally broke down (or I beat him down!) and rented a pair of powder skis today. What a difference! He can now keep me in his sight. Although he's contemplating buying me a new ski jacket in some florescent shade of pink or green so that he can get a fix on where I am. Light blue just fades into the powder.

Heather blessed us with a hug when we ran into her in the lift line today. We even met several of her male ski buddies at the top of the lift. Of course it was a powder day so she wasn't about to ski with her 'rents - she prefers the company of 6 guys (no other girls),

What a week! Six straight days of skiing and 2 of them were powder days. I think we deserve another Corona! Here are a few photos of the views:


No comments:

Post a Comment